Parent Outreach Services
The Outreach Department for the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (WPSD) and The Scranton School for Deaf and hard of Hearing Children (SSDHHC) believes in supporting deaf and hard of hearing people of all ages. Our primary goals are to educate and serve as a resource for individuals with hearing loss.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Audiological and Speech Services
- Educational Consultant Services
- Sign Language Classes
- Technical Assistance for Teachers and Staff
- Training, Workshops and Seminars
Services are available to children, youth and adults both in school settings and in the community.
Professional development workshops that may be eligible for Act 48 credits as well as ASHA and AAA CEUs are offered throughout the year.
Offices and services are located on WPSD’s main campus in Pittsburgh, on the The Scranton School main campus and in the regional office in Camp Hill, PA. Services are also available on-site at schools, industries and other service providers organizations across Pennsylvania. Resources, consultations and other services are provided on a fee-for-service and/or cost reimbursement basis.
Outreach Office Locations:
- WPSD, 300 E. Swissvale Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15218
- The Scranton School, 537 Venard Road, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
- Central PA Outreach Office, 3820 Hartzdale Dr., Camp Hill, PA 17011